Member Login:
Social Networking For discussion about how to use social networks for marketing purposes. Talk about Twitter, Stumbleupon, LinkedIn, Facebook, Del.icio.us, Digg and others...

Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Directory Guru

Dan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond reputeDan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Twitter Authentication Error

I've just read the Official Twitter Blog which describes the reason for people seeing authentication errors if they are using the API or plugging into Twitter via a 3rd party website.

Twitter used to operate using two authentication types - namely Basic Authentication (which stores usernames and passwords) and OAuth (which just requires your permission, but doesn't store passwords).

To increase security Twitter have done away with Basic Authentication and now support only OAuth.

So for anyone seeing the following error: Twitter Error: Basic authentication is not supported - This is occurring because you are trying to access Twitter using Basic Authentication and this is no longer available, so you will have to adjust your applications to use OAuth instead.

Please do not PM me your directories for inclusion. Instead announce them in the directory promotion and list suggestions thread. All requests and questions regarding inclusion that are made via PM will be ignored.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Banned

jamhassan can only hope to improve

can any one tell me how can i made by official verified profile???
Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 PM

PHJ is on a distinguished road

OH! thanks Dan its really good to knw that...i dont have a idea on it in past but after read your post get some idea on it..

Thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

lizatailor23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Post Re:

I trying to install that in my forum.. that go to the twitter page, and after go to my page but where i need register a new user with twitter auth, show an error.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Banned

claydcousta is on a distinguished road
Default Re:

This is working again for me now. Not that Twitter is working I've read on Twitter that a lot of other users of various clients had issues too.

the above is a cut and paste from other forums... this account is now banned.

Last edited by Dan : 12-28-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: this account is now banned...
Old 08-21-2012, 04:04 AM

James Donovan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamhassan View Post
can any one tell me how can i made by official verified profile???

Jamhassan you can check this web link, http://support.twitter.com/groups/31...ified-accounts.

Its really helpful one.